Austin company in the oil and gas industry for a Technical Writer. The client has an excellent reputation as a great place to work based on the community of the company and their competitive compensation. The Technical Writer will create and sustain customer documentation, as well as document internal production and repair procedures.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the operations team to create and update internal procedure documents (such as build, QA checks and repair instructions).
• Work with engineers to create user manuals and training material.
• Create and manipulate images for documentation.
• Create videos to demonstrate tasks.
• Work with Business Development and Product Support to improve customer training materials and user manuals.
• Contribute to the customer knowledge wiki with relevant articles.
• Participate in a peer editing process.
• Create new FrameMaker templates and maintain/update existing ones.
• Contribute to the maintenance of a release directory by keeping all files organized with proper naming conventions, numbering and so forth.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or similar discipline with 5+ years of technical writing experience.
• Must be competent in FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, and graphics production software.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Experience with Adobe Communications Suite (especially RoboHelp), DITA authoring, XML editors, Photoshop, JIRA, and Confluence is a plus